Mission Statement - To end the cycle of family violence, abuse and sexual assault - where home is a safe place.
The Shelter is open 24 hours a day and seven days a week for women and children that are victims of physical, mental or sexual abuse. Services include shelter, information/referral, hot line, intervention, support groups, court advocacy, service management and community education. All shelter services are provided free of charge and regardless of age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, religious affiliation or income.
Nine Core Services:
- -24 hour Crisis Hotline
- Emergency Shelter for women and children
- Assessment & referral for resident children
- Crisis counseling for victims and their children
- Information and referral services
- Education and Community Awareness
- Safety Planning
- Training for law enforcement and professionals
- Service Management
The Suncoast Combined Federal Campaign is celebrating its 50th Anniversary and The Dawn Center(#17051) is one of its participating charities. Click the link below for some of the upcoming events and more information about the CFC.